Tips for electricity conservation at home
You can save up to 20% - 30% of your electricity bills by following these
Tips for electricity conservation at shops and business establishments
- Use always the natural air and light; avoid switching on lights during
- Promptly switch off the lights and fans when the occupants leave the
room / hall.
- Slim tube lights give better light and consume less electricity than
the filament lamps.
- Avoid opening the refrigerator frequently. Defrost it regularly.
- Dry your clothes in the sun instead of using the dryer in the washing
- Use pressure cookers and avoid using electrical appliances as far
- The electricity consumption by your geyser can be considerably reduced
if the members of your family bathe in quick succession and switch it
off as soon as it is no longer required.
- Avoid switching on of heavy duty appliances during peak hours, i.e.,
6 a.m. to 9 a.m., and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m..
Tips for electricity conservation in industrial establishments
- Avoid excessive illumination. Please keep only as many fans and lights
on as you need.
- Do not use neon sign boards. Use only painted sign boards.
- Use energy saving compact fluorescent lamps for the illumination of
your shops, showrooms, or hotels.
- Try to switch on your room air conditioners and coolers at least one
hour late and switch off one hour early. Preferably, do not use these
heavy duty appliances.
- Please close the shops and showrooms precisely by 8:30p.m. at night.
- Use solar water heaters for hot water requirements of your hotels
- Match motor size to actual requirements.
- Lubricate your machines at regular intervals. Replace the damaged
- Place your motor as close to the load as possible.
- Provide shunt capacitors across the motor terminals.
- Tighten drive belts at regular intervals.
- Use natural lights and air to the maximum extent, and avoid switching
on lights and fans.
- Make out optimal production schedules to ensure the least period of
operation of each individual machine.
- Switch off the machines promptly when they are not being used.
- Switch off all the unused lights and fans, so also all the machines
during the lunch hours and shift changeover periods.